Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I always have everything to be Thankful for but particularly on thanksgiving I was thankful for a few things in particular:
-That my Mom's terrible migraine was gone
-The food I made had no disasters and everyone said they loved it!
-I didn't burn myself or have a panic attack
-I got to spend the day and the whole weekend with our families

I had so much fun with Thanksgiving this year! I made turkey pop decorations and had a spectacular menu planned out. What made it most special was getting to spend Thomas' and I's first Thanksgiving together as a married couple with most of the people that matter most. Thomas' grandparents and his parents were up on actual Thanksgiving (his mom arrived the evening before) and because of my mom's aforementioned migraine coupled with having to work Friday she decided it would be best to wait until after she worked to come visit us in Williston. I am so glad she made it! We all had lots of fun playing games and eating leftovers all weekend, it was nice to get to hang out with my family, especially with being so far away it doesn't happen as often as it used to.

Our Favorite Family Game of the Season: Carcasonne (the big box)

My Thanksgiving Menu:
Maple Bourbon Turkey with Gravy (Beekman Brothers recipe from Country Living)
Alton Brown's Cranberry Sauce (foodnetwork.com)
Cornbread and Sausage Dressing (Beekman Brothers recipe from Country Living)
Candied Yams (mine)
Greenbean Casserole (campbells soup, french's onions?)
Mashed Potatoes (Thomas')
Orange Stuff (Grandma Joy's jello whip cream salad)
Whole Wheat Rolls (courtesy of Rhode's(so easy and good!))
Pumpkin Pie (Libby's can)
Apple Pie with Gluten Free Crust (Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book for the pie, Laura's Wholesome Junkfood Cookbook(Love!) for the crust)

It was all great and I couldn't believe how well it turned out! my turkey was done an hour early and so then I was rushing around a little stressed trying to get the rest done but it was wonderful and just perfect :)

Hope everyone had just as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment